Why should you study at Lancaster University Leipzig?
There are many universities in Germany to choose from, but there is only one Lancaster University where you earn a UK degree while studying in Germany. We put together a short list with some good reasons why students choose to study with us;
- Small class sizes with personalised attention - yes, your professor knows you by your name!
- You earn one of the best UK degrees with international recognition and apply for postgraduate programmes in Germany or anywhere else in the world.
- Leipzig is an attractive and vibrant city for students with low living cost - our student ambassadors will be happy to guide your around the city.
- Benefit from our industry connections with global brands, local companies and NGOs.
Ask one of our current students
Your student experience
Lancaster's community is global with research, teaching and student exchange partnerships with leading universities and institutions in 24 countries around the world.
Lancaster's journey has been a remarkable one, and it is now one of the top universities in the world, with an ambitious plan for the future. As a student in Leipzig, you will benefit from a true Lancaster University experience. The University is committed to ensuring that each student gains access to the same quality of teaching, support and value as in the UK campus. You will study in English in Germany, combining high-quality UK education with German job opportunities and lifestyle.
Studying in Leipzig comes with a huge range of benefits. The ability to explore Europe from a central location, live within a safe and culturally diverse city and benefit from post-study work opportunities make this an extremely exciting option.
Why should you choose Germany as a study destination?
- Third most popular study destination in the world
- 18-month post-study work visa
- Accessible and well connected, by air and rail
- Ability to explore the rest of Europe on your study visa
- Affordable living costs
- The vibrant, dynamic and diverse study environment
- Safe and welcoming to international students
Don't worry if you don't speak German
You do not need German for entry into Lancaster University Leipzig (you do need to prove your English level as part of your application) and it's easy to navigate your way around the city with little knowledge of the German language. We do recommend that students learn basic German language skills, and the staff at Lancaster University Leipzig will support you to do this, through language classes. This is an opportunity to add additional language skills to your CV, which is always attractive to future employers.
Free German classes
Did you know? We teach German (A1) free of charge to non-German speaking students.