Student Finance & Funding (EU)
BAföG -State support for studying at Lancaster University in Leipzig.
The German Federal Training Assistant Act (BAföG) is state support, half of which consists of an interest-free loan and the other half of a state grant. The loan can be repaid after graduation under favorable conditions.
You can find detailed information on BAföG on the website of the Federal Ministry - follow this link.
The Studentenwerk Leipzig is responsible for all applications:
Goethestrasse 6 - 04109 Leipzig
Tel .: +49 341 9659-5
This option is available to German citizens/residents only - please check your eligibility with Studentenwerk.
Study first and pay later - based on your income with CHANCEN eG
With the Income Share Agreements, you can focus on your study program, while CHANCEN eG takes care of your tuition fees. In exchange, you commit to affording future generations with the same opportunity. Once you start working, you start making income based repayments to finance the tuition fees of future generations.
What is Chancen eG?
Study first, pay later based on your income. With Income Share Agreements, you can focus on the University, while CHANCEN eG takes care of your tuition fees partially, or completely, during the time of the study. When you graduate, income based repayments are made to CHANCEN eG over a 10 year period.
- For more information regarding repayment, take a look at the FAQ.
Who is eligible?
- German citizens/ people without a German citizenship who have a German high school certificate - excl. Studienkolleg ("Bildungsinländer*innen")
- EU citizens + Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Norway, Great Britain, Iceland, Monaco, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Israel
For more details please visit: Eligibility | CHANCEN eG (chancen-eg.de)
How to apply?
- Submit your online application to Lancaster University Leipzig and receive an offer.
- You will then be able to apply to CHANCEN eG for the ISA application.
- If your interview is successful with CHANCEN eG, you will sign a financing contract with CHANCEN eG.
- You’re all set to start your study at Lancaster University Leipzig!
FINS – private student loan scheme
FINS is a private student loan scheme that offers personalized financial solutions to EU students, enabling those with a lack of financial resources to pursue higher education abroad.
The scheme was introduced to Lancaster University Leipzig in 2021 and is open to all EU students that want to apply, applied, or have already received an offer to study an Undergraduate or Postgraduate course at Lancaster University Leipzig.
EU students can access up to EUR 18.000 for postgraduate studies, or up to 25.000 EUR for undergraduate studies.
The FINS loan scheme is flexible and can be used for the following:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly living costs of meals and rent (including rent deposit)
- Books and other study materials or equipment
- Medical Insurance
- Urgent expenses
If you would like to find out more about the application process, please get in touch with FINS on their website.
FINS takes into consideration the following eligibility criteria when assessing applications:
- EU citizen pursuing their studies in another country than that where they graduated their previous education cycle.
- EU citizen (that has no outstanding/unpaid debts for previous loans by other financial institutions).
Further eligibility criteria can be viewed on the FINS website
Please contact email@example.com for further information.