Campus Operations Officer
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
The Lancaster University Leipzig campus offers a range of Lancaster University (LU) degree programmes, with the university committed to providing the same academic quality and fully rounded student experience as in the UK. In January 2020, the campus opened with a Lancaster University accredited foundation programme delivered by Navitas Germany GmbH – part of Navitas Group - an Australian owned public listed company. Navitas is an industry leader in providing managed campus services, as well as pre-university and university pathway programmes for domestic and international students in Asia, North America, Africa, Australia, Continental Europe, and the United Kingdom. Navitas Colleges are modern and dynamic educational institutions committed to providing quality educational programmes and excellent student support in an environment that encourages students to achieve the best possible results in their studies. In Autumn 2020, four Lancaster University accredited Bachelor of Science programmes were included into the portfolio of programmes, and the growth plan holds the introduction of post-graduate programmes.
Lancaster University Leipzig is recruiting a Campus Operations Officer, preferred start date is 01 October 2021 or soon after.
The Campus Operations Officer plays a lead role in running the day-to-day reception and administrative support for the Campus.
Campus Operations and Reception
- Maintain oversight of rooming and room bookings (including by external providers and customers)
- Monitor compliance with hygiene rules in the reception area and other non-teaching spaces: social distancing, hand sanitization, wearing of face masks, proper and regular ventilation
- Perform translation work at frontline (i.e., counsel students in understanding simple contracts, such as mobile phone contracts, as part of reception duties).
- Manage arrival of students, staff, visitors, suppliers: Check vaccination status, check the unvaccinated’s certificates of Covid tests done on same day and any other documents, depending on pandemic developments and rules applicable at that time.
- Perform frontline catering tasks – including catering for visitors (including walk-ins, fam trips, agent visits), setting up meeting rooms, clearing up, emptying dish washers, train students in respect for accessing water, kitchen utensils, etc.
- Manage keys and lock-systems across campus (including manual opening and closing of teaching rooms).
- Disinfect frequently used surfaces (several times a day), e.g. doorknobs in entrance area, seminar rooms and IT labs, call buttons on lift etc. – legal requirement.
- Clean tables and other surfaces in teaching spaces and reception area – legal requirement.
- Activate and deactivate transponder-free elevator access to 6th floor.
- Respond to intercom calls (ground floor and 6th floor intercoms) and forward calls.
- Receive and disseminate deliveries and postal services (for both Navitas Germany GmbH and Lancaster Leipzig GmbH).
- Support Campus Operations Manager with Tick-it record keeping as well as WHS and Covid mitigation processes.
Perform administrative tasks:
- attendance monitoring and follow-up
- inputting of marks
- lay-out assessment board spreadsheets
- minuting governance and academic meetings (including assessment boards chaired by LU staff)
- checking tutor lay-outs
- Support local IT, AV and Campus Operations in carrying, installing, moving and maintaining local tech
- In crunch times, assist other departments (student services and recruitment) with task such as Orientation week support, attendance at student social events, populating spreadsheets, accompanying external constructors (and translation for non-German speaking key staff).
Interested applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Willingness to work in a growing team of professionals passionate about international Higher Education.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills (mother tongue or bilingual proficiency).
- Proven ability as a “team player” who can contribute to the development of an effective team.
- Ability to prioritize and comfortable working to competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-past environment.
- Flexible attitude to work including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in support of student recruitment activities.
- Relationship management skills and the ability to communicate routine and complex information clearly at all levels.
- Strong IT skills to provide insightful data to support business decision making.
- Solution-focused with a “can do” mentality and problem-solving ability.
- Strong verbal and written German communication skills (mother tongue or bilingual proficiency) and/or other languages.
- Degree-level of education.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience by sending a cover letter and a CV to Christian Schult, Campus Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.