Academic Teaching Staff - Entrepreneurship (Lancaster University in Leipzig)
Job type: Fixed-term contract; part-time, hourly paid contract
Lancaster University in Leipzig (LU Leipzig) is the European campus of Lancaster University, UK, located in the heart of the City of Leipzig and welcomes German, EU, and international students to study for UK degrees taught by an outstanding group of academic staff. Lancaster University is among the best in the UK, ranking in the top 10 in all three major national league tables, as well as highly ranked in international league tables such as the QS World Rankings. LU Leipzig offers a range of degree programmes, with the university committed to providing the same academic quality and fully rounded student experience as in the UK. Among the courses we offer are undergraduate courses BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance and BSc (Hons) Business Management through Lancaster University Management School, which is consistently ranked among the top business schools in the UK, Europe, and the world.
LU Leipzig invites applications for a part-time lecturer to teach one module ("Entrepreneurial Discovery and Practice") in the autumn term (October-December) and one module ("Entrepreneurial Mindset") in the winter term (January-March) of the 2021-2022 academic year. The part-time contract will take into consideration other professional engagements by the lecturer, and there will be an opportunity to engage with other researchers and colleagues throughout the University—both in the German campus and in the main campus in the UK. All teaching will be done in the English language.
Interested applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous teaching experience in entrepreneurship (or a closely related subject),
- A deep knowledge of the subject matter,
- A post-graduate University degree and preferably a PhD (although applicants with a masters degree will also be considered),
- Ability to communicate with staff and students from a diverse range of cultural and educational backgrounds,
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills,
- Good IT, general administration, data analysis, and presentation skills,
- Fluency in English (knowledge of German is beneficial but not essential), and
- Desirably, knowledge of the UK Higher Education system (and/or previous teaching experience at a UK higher education institution).
What we offer:
Lancaster University offers an exciting opportunity for successful candidates to work in:
- A dynamic team of excellent academic staff members with diverse research interests and catering for the needs of predominately international students,
- An affiliation with one of the top UK universities with a global reputation,
- The opportunity to build relationships with some of Lancaster University’s leading researchers in the UK, and
- An exciting campus that aims to rapidly increase its offerings in both teaching and research.
Lancaster University particularly welcomes applications from people in all diversity groups.
The application package should consist of (1) a cover letter summarising the motivations for application, background, and contributions the candidate could bring (2) a full curriculum vitae, and (3) the names of two contacts (including positions) for recommendation letters.
Please merge all documents into one PDF file, indicating your name, and submit by e-mail to:
Dr. Mark Brewer | Academic Dean | email@example.com
Applications will be considered in the order they are received; therefore, we encourage early applications.
Informal queries may be directed to Dr. Mark Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org.